Photo is from Shinn Estates Vineyards
Friday March 3 – Sunday March 5
Foodies will love the Friday night wine dinner series at Caci; this week features Shinn Estates Vineyard. Saturday and Sunday enjoy winemaker-led tastings, special tours too. Peconic landing hosts great jazz. Two art exhibits open with receptions, and a beautiful photography book is presented by its author. And so much more.
Winterfest events that take place on the North Fork proper are included below. Full Winterfest listings here.
Friday February 24 – Sunday February 26
(Click a category title to drop down to the full listings for that type of event, or just scroll)
(This category is for food and wine events, and for events hosted by a vineyard or farm, other than live music; for live music at all venues, see that category.)
Shinn wine dinner at Caci; winemaker led tastings at Palmer and Clovis; barrel tastings at Pindar; method champenoise tour, and sparkling + Italian cheeses at Sparkling Pointe. Plus more tours and tastings.
A dozen and a half concerts of all sorts.
Two art openings & receptions; a photography book signing & presentation; ongoing exhibits.
Explore our historic hamlets
Stargaze at Custer.
Food, Farm and Vineyard
(What’s happening at the vineyards, other than live music; (for live music at all venues, see that category) plus food and farm events too.)
- Caci: Shinn Estate Vineyards, Southold. Several courses of fabulous deliciousness. Menu & Details.
- North Fork Chocolate Company: Chocolate Fondue, Aquebogue. Enjoy dipping treats into melted, homemade chocolate–fruits, marshmallow, graham crackers and much more. 2-7 pm. Details.
- Sparkling Pointe: Sparkling Wine and Cheese Pairing Series, the Cheeses of Italy, Southold. Artisanal cheeses paired with a flight of three wines. Noon-5 pm. Details.
- Castello Di Borghese Vineyards: Winemaker’s Walk, Cutchogue. Tour and tasting; starts at 1 pm. Details.
- Shinn Estates Vineyard & Farmhouse: Tours & Barrel Tasting, Mattituck. Shinn Estates offers a couple of ways to experience wine and wine making. Walk the vineyard with Barbara Shinn, Learn about sustainable, organic and Biodynamic wine growing. Taste four wines. 1:30 to 2:30 pm, Details. Prefer to be indoors? Tour barrel center starting at 2:30, and sample Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot among others, plus cheeses. Details.
- Clovis Point Winterfest!: Archeology Extravaganza Tasting with the Winemaker, Jamesport. Winemaker John Leo leads this interesting class. 2-5 pm. Details.
- Palmer Vineyards Winterfest!: Sensory Evaluation, Sound Avenue. Winemaker Miguel Martin leads this interesting class 1-3 pm. Details.
- Palmer Vineyards: Trivia Night, Sound Avenue. Matt Cereola, Jeopardy champion, Nobel Laureate, and former NASA Astronaut hosts. Half-price tasting flights & glasses. 6-9 pm. Details.
- Sparkling Pointe: Winterfest The Art of Wine – Unraveling Méthode Champenoise Winery Tour & Varietal Tasting, Southold. An in-depth tour of the vineyard and winery, plus an educational tasting of their three varietals, still and sparkling. 1-3 pm. Details.
- Pindar Vineyards: Barrel Tastings, Peconic. Tour the Production Facility; experience how wines taste from the barrel, then enjoy a private tasting in the winery served with assorted cheeses and meats. 1-3 pm. Details.
- Shinn Estates Vineyard & Farmhouse: Tours, Mattituck offers a couple of ways to experience wine and wine making. Walk the vineyard with Barbara Shinn, Learn about sustainable, organic and Biodynamic winegrowing. Taste four wines. 1:30 to 2:30 pm, Details. Prefer to be indoors? Tour the winery and barrel center starting at 2:30, also involving a taste of four wines. Details.
- Bridge Lane: Free Tasting Flights, Mattituck. Sunday funday throughout February and March. One per customer, doesn’t apply to large groups. 12-7 pm. Details.
- Deepwater Bar and Grille, Greenport. TBA. 6-9 pm. Details.
- Greenport Harbor Brewing, Peconic. The Daves, 5-8 pm. Details.
- Lieb Cellars, Cutchogue. Points East, 6-9 pm. Details.
- Osprey’s Dominion, Peconic. Nina Et Cetera. 1-4 pm. Details.
- Greenport Harbor Brewing, Peconic. Bangers and Mash, 1-4 pm. Details.
- Pindar, Peconic. Mark Eisemann, 1-5 pm. Details.
- Raphael Vineyard, Peconic. Chris Hurley and Friends. 1-4 pm. Details.
- Lieb Cellars, Cutchogue. Cassandra House, 3-6 pm. Details.
- Clovis Point, Jamesport. Firefly, 1:30-5:30 pm. Details.
- Jason’s Vineyard, Jamesport. TBA, 1-5 pm. Details.
- Sherwood House Vineyard, Jamesport. TBA, 2-6 pm. Details.
- Peconic Landing: Winterfest!, Greenport. Jeff Franzel Trio. Join renowned songwriter and composer Jeff Franzel along with musicians Corin Stiggall and Yaala Ballin for an afternoon of Jazz classic covers and originals. 3 pm. Details.
- Greenport Harbor Brewing, Peconic. The Days Beneath Us, 4-7 pm. Details.
- Raphael Vineyard, Peconic. Points East. 1-4 pm. Details.
- Clovis Point, Jamesport. The Earthtones, 1:30-5:30 pm. Details.
- Jason’s Vineyard, Jamesport. TBA, 1-5 pm. Details.
- Matinee Film: Deepwater Horizon, Mattituck-Laurel Library. “A dramatization of the April 2010 disaster, when the offshore drilling rig Deepwater Horizon exploded and created the worst oil spill in U.S. history” 1:30 pm. Details.
- Art Reception: The Light Painters, Mattituck-Laurel Library. The Light Painters are a North Fork Based photography club; meet members of the group and view their displayed photographic images all with a “Weather” theme. 7 pm. Details.
- Art Opening and Reception: Art from the Greenport Carousel, Floyd Memorial Library Greenport. 3-5 pm. Details.
- Photography Book Presentation: Lloyd Ziff, Floyd Memorial Library Greenport. An illustrated lecture and dialogue on his recent books. New York/Los Angeles, Photographs 1967-2015. Book signing and Q&A to follow. 3 pm. Details.
- Floyd Memorial Library: Greenport Student Art Show, Greenport. Paintings. Through March 1. Open when the library is. Details.
- Nova Constellatio Gallery, Greenport. Thurs-Sat 11-5, Sun 12-5. Details.
- Sirens’ Song Gallery, Greenport. Birds of a Feather, Anneli Arms and Sigrid Sperzel work the intaglio etching process to create their masterpieces. Sat-Mon. 12:30-6 pm. Details.
- Gallery M. Greenport. Open 11-7 Weekend Days. Details.
- South Street Gallery, Greenport. Fri-Mon, Noon-5 pm Details.
- Southold Library, Southold. The works of Ed Graham. Open when the library is. Details.
- Jacqueline Penney Gallery & Studio, Cutchogue. A huge collection of the artist’s acrylic landscapes and other works. Open year round. Details.
- Castello Di Borghese Vineyards, Cutchogue. The gallery and event spaces showcases edgy, interesting art. Details.
- Cutchogue Library Gallery, Cutchogue. Large Watercolors by Cathy Campbell. Open when the library is. Details.
- Alex Ferrone Gallery, Cutchogue. Arial Observations, works by Alex Ferrone. Through May 14. Sa/Su 11 am-5 pm. Details.
- Mattituck-Laurel Library Gallery, Mattituck. Photography by The Light Painters, a North Fork Based photography club. Theme: Weather. Images will show the beauty and light of subjects including unusual cloud formations, dramatic skies, mysterious fogs and more. Open when the library is. Details.
- Clovis Point Vineyards, Jamesport. Photographer Mike McLaughlin, through March 11. Details.
- William Ris Gallery, Jamesport. A large selection of fine art. 11-5 pm. Details.
- Rosalie Dimon Gallery, Jamesport. Works by Artists Steve Alpert & James Slezak. Open Wed. – Sun., noon to 10 pm. Through May 3, 2017. Details.
- Martha Clara Vineyards, Sound Avenue. Martha Clara Vineyard’s current artist in residence is Mark Ahrens. Details.
- North Fork Chocolate Company, Aquebogue. Exhibit by Biscari Art Studio. Steven Biscari Amaral local Artist, Entrepreneur, Chef and Chocolatier. Details.
Mattituck Movie Theater Shows all week; listings here.
- Custer Observatory: Stargazing, Southold. Long Island’s oldest public observatory opens every Saturday night for free stargazing. Check the weather and the moon before coming (full moons make it hard to see much.) In winter, skywatching starts at 7 pm. Details.