Mon January 15 – Thurs January 18
Monday check out Vinyl Night at Long Ireland Beer Co. with Sunday Records, Wednesday join a discussion panel on Long Islands history of Winemaking with the Southold Historical Society. Thursday head to Peconic Landing to learn about the history of the longest serving fireboat “Marine 9.”
The Daily Best
Monday, January 15
- Long Ireland Beer Company: Vinyl Night Riverhead. We are excited to partner with Long Ireland Beer Company this Monday evening for VINYL NIGHT from 5pm to 8pm. Details.
Tuesday, January 16
Wednesday, January 17
- Southold Historical Society: Roundtable Discussion: Southold. Join our community roundtable to share your thoughts about the history of our wine industry. We will be discussing our newest project, the Visual Essay on the History of Long Island’s East End Wine Industry. Engage with over 50 photos that tell our region’s story. 7 pm. Details.
- Lenny’s of Jamesport: Dinnertime Wednesdays, Jamesport. Dinnertime Wednesdays at Lenny’s. Dining Room Specials: New Menu Items, Prix Fixe Menu, Wood-Fired Pizza. At The Bar: Draft Beer, Glasses of Wine, Specialty Cocktails. Details.
- North Fork Taps & Corks: Open Mic, Southold. Lots of talent stops in. Check videos on their Facebook page. 7 pm. Details.
Thursday, January 18
- Peconic Landing: History of FDNY Fireboat “Firefighter” with Charlie Ritchie, Greenport. Explore the significance of longest-serving fireboat in FDNY history, the “Firefighter” formally known as FDNY’s “Marine 9.” Learn about its design and construction, major fires and its role in the history of American technology and future construction of fireboats. Hear anecdotally storied from firefighters and mariners serving on the vessel over its 72-year long career. A short video will be shown with a following question and answer period regarding anything about the vessels life and history, recent shipyard work and volunteer restoration efforts. Presented by Charlie Ritchie, President of the Fireboat Fire Fighter Museum. 7:30-8:30 pm. Details.
- Greenport Harbor Brewing: Team Trivia Night, Peconic. Greenport Harbor Brewing Co presents Slapshot Trivia at our Peconic Tasting Room & Restaurant! The game is free to play, and winners receive a $50 Gift Card to Greenport Harbor. Teams are a maximum of 6 and the rest of the rules will be explained at the event! Also available is our weekly $10 Food and Beer Special! Chef Vincent is always changing up the Special so we’ll post in this event page, each week with what it is. 5:45 – 7:30 pm. Details.
- Little Creek Oysters: Vinyl Night, Little Creek Oysters Greenport. Starting Thursday 12/7 Little Creek resumes our favorite wintertime activity- our weekly celebration of the enduring authenticity of the vinyl record. Have a favorite that you want to spin? Great- Bring your Own Vinyl (BYOV) or check out something from the crates. The soundtrack is only limited by your imagination (and maybe some crowd feedback!). 5-9 pm. Details.